Corn fritters with avocado salsa & beetroot relish
This would be great with smoked salmon. Or perhaps with poached eggs for breakfast… or both.
- Beetroot relish (optional)
- 3 corn cobs
- Half a diced onion (caramelised)
- 2 eggs
- Handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 100g of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- LOTS of salt and pepper
- a small handful of roasted pine nuts (optional)
For the salsa
- 2 avocados (diced)
- a handful of diced coriander
- big squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 finely diced tomato
- salt and pepper
- Something with a bit of chili e.g. a fresh chili or a tsp of harissa, zhoug chili oil
Boil the corn in some salted water until cooked, then remove the kernels. Put the kernels, herbs, eggs, flour and all the other fritter ingredients in the blender and blend. Season REALLY well with salt and pepper. Set aside while you make the salsa.
For the salsa, mix the diced avocado, tomato and avocado together. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together a big squeeze of lemon juice, a dash of olive oil and something involving chili (a must). Pour over the salsa.
Heat a frying pan and add a little olive oil. Dollop the corn mixture in and fry for a minute each side for each fritter.
Serve with betroot relish or smoked salmon.
You may also like